If someone close to you has been a victim of crime, it can have a big impact on you too. You might:

  • want to find help for them
  • be upset or scared
  • be dealing with money problems or having to move home

You can find local help for you and your relative.

Get police help

If you feel threatened in any way, contact the police.

If it's an emergency, call 999. Otherwise you can call them on 101 or go into your local police station.

Be prepared

A number of different things can happen after you or your relative reports a crime. Find out: 

Understand what support to expect

The government has set out what information and support victims of crime should expect from services like the police and courts. It’s called the Victims’ Code.